Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sold A Few Paintings Over The Weekend!

Over this past weekend I entered a show that I haven't participated in before... and I'm usually reluctant and skeptical when approaching a new show because I never know what to expect. But this time, although it was off to a slow start, I'm really glad that I was there because it ended up being well-worth it in more ways than one!

The booth space for this show was free, so there was no real harm in entering -- other than that of dragging all of my setup gear out for only the 2nd time this year, and dragging my family out to an event that wasn't far from home, but too far to be close. So I was definitely hopeful that at least selling 1 painting would make it worth while... not that I don't enjoy the experience of it all, because I really do, but selling definitely outweighs experience pretty much every time!

Well, to keep a long story relatively reasonable in length, it was a great time... the weather was beautiful, the breeze kept me on my toes, my family was there along with my mom and my brother's family... I had good friends stop by to see my work, I painted for a while, gave a pretty good demonstration of the techniques that I use (despite the dry heat that was making the paint set up way faster than usual)... and by the end of the day I had sold 4 paintings! (two of which were my large 20x30 on FoamCore, one 14x22 on Posterboard, and one 11x14 on Posterboard)

What's funny is that no matter how long I've had a piece, and no matter how many times I show a piece then put it away at the end of the show, it's still hard to let go of them when someone decides that they want to purchase one. It's funny how they become my favorites, and when they get bought I really just hope that whoever buys them will enjoy them as much as I do/did and I always hope that they end up proudly on a wall to be admired, giving them a life of their own beyond my efforts of displaying them from show to show. This past weekend I sold some favorites... my absolute favorite large space painting, one of my favorite large black & white nature paintings, my absolute favorite medium sized space painting, and one of my newest favorites -- a small nature painting that I had just painted early last week... guess I'll have to get to work so that I can fill the holes in my display!

~munden
11x14 on Posterboard

No comments: